CRESTED BUTTE, USA
- SLEEPS 8 IN 4 ENSUITE BEDROOMS
- PRICES FROM 8,750 GBP PER WEEK
A sister property to Scarp Ridge Lodge, Sopris House is full of history and character, just like Crested Butte. The original 1882 building infamously became the Spritzer Bar—a saloon bought by Martin Spritzer in 1924 and operated by Slovenian immigrants. Opened in September of 2013, the 6,000-square-foot home’s cozy vibe is the perfect smaller twin to Scarp Ridge Lodge. Location is key here—with CB’s shops and restaurants a walk away. And during winter, backcountry stashes are accessed right out the backyard via our tricked-out snowcat aka “The Tucker.”
Sopris is meant for both the go-big-or-go-home alpha, and the laid-back, tenacious traveler. Ideal for families and small groups of friends, the house is also an add-on to Scarp Ridge Lodge if you require additional rooms. Evenings here are marked by incredible Colorado sunsets and star gazing.
It’s true we all wind up in the kitchen during group gatherings, and with the Sopris House open layout you’ll find yourself there often. The outdoor courtyard is where guests download the day’s adventure, be it in the copper hot tub or around the fire pit. Hit the Sopris Bar with its vintage jukebox and pool table to fuel late-night Colorado throw downs.
All meals are seasonally inspired and sourced locally. And Sopris is just steps from Crested Butte’s storied nightlife.
- The Lodge's private chef creates amazing flavours and the menu is different every day. Using seasonal and local produce, incorporating wild Colorado game, and taking into account requests, tastes and dietary requirements
- Fully staffed with chef and concierge service
- Team of professional guides ready to tailor make adventures and experiences of a life time
- Luxury private lodge in the heart of the Rocky Mountains
- Snooker table
- Fully stocked bar
LOCATION & ACCESS
- Sopris House is situated in downtown Crested Butte, Colorado, in the heart of the Rocky Mountains
- It is a 10-hour scheduled flight from the UK, followed by a 1-hour internal flight direct to Gunnison Airport, or a 4-hour car transfer. Gunnison Airport is just 20 minutes away.