Adrenaline fuelled adventure in Iceland
Iceland is one of the three places in the world, where you can ski uninterrupted, from a mountain summit straight down to the sea. In accompaniment with the incredible natural beauty and scenery, this magical country also boasts of the opportunities it presents to skiers and adventurers alike, looking for an unforgettable travelling experience.
The vast wide open spaces make the skiing feel isolated and private, which nurtures a truly awe inspiring appreciation for the mountains and sport, unlike anywhere you will find in Europe. The winter season is also different from Europe, lasting from March until May, which is perfect for anyone who still craves exceptional conditions by the end of their "normal" season. The discreet skiing goes hand in hand with the secluded, relaxing destinations we have found in the Northernmost part of Iceland, on the Troll peninsula. The beauty is, you're unlikely to see anyone else whilst you're out there. There are two options, varying in price, which cater for your Heli-skiing package;
- For those who want relaxing spa evenings, a party at the bar and wonderful guest service, stay at the beautiful Deplar Farm. The farm has thirteen ensuite bedrooms which can be requested independently of each other, taking into account the size of a group.
- All meals are catered for and there is an incredible selection of house alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages, included in the price.
- You have the option of a wide range of outdoor guided activities such as: heli-skiing, snowcat skiing, snowshoeing, kayaking, fat biking, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, surfing, horseback riding, whale watching and hot springs tours.
- The lodge activities include skeet shooting, archery and laser tag.
VIKING HELISKIING LODGE
- For those who are more focussed on Heli-skiing and looking for a more personal, intimate experience, stay at the Viking Lodge.
- There is a hot tub in the main lodge for relaxing after long days and all meals are catered for.
- K2 freeride skis (and poles) or K2 snowboards are inclusive in the package of this accommodation, as well 60,000 vertical feet when venturing up and off in the helicopter.
Both of these incredible destinations promise nothing short of an amazing, Icelandic experience where you will come to understand what a lovely country it is and how equally charming the inhabitants are. The level of ability required to go heli-skiing is that of a competent black runner, however it is readily available for non skiers as well, seeing as there is a medley of activities to participate in, other than skiing.
Season is March — May for weekend or week long trips. See the Northern Lights in March & ski at midnight in May. Prices vary throughout the season.