VAL D’ISÈRE, FRANCE
- SLEEPS 6 IN 3 ENSUITE BEDROOMS
- 3,360 TO 10,920 GBP PER WEEK
Chalet des Pistes occupies the top two floors at the front of a large chalet built right on the slopes at la Daille, yards from the bottom of the OK, Orange, Diébold, Raye and Verte runs. The Funival and the La Daille bubble pass close by, while the Les Etroits chairlift goes practically overhead.
A few hundred metres up the slopes are the sunny terraces of the Folie Douce and Trifollet, where a therapeutic drink or two to music – live and loud at the Folie, more subdued at the Trif – set one up nicely for the final schuss home to a hot bath.
The bedrooms are not huge – predictably, since the real estate they occupy must be some of the most desirable in the world – but they are tastefully decorated and have underfloor heating, reasonable cupboards, safes, good lighting and gorgeous bathrooms. Even the beds are bigger and firmer than usual in France. Each bedroom has a private ski locker in the ski room, with individual boot dryers.
The sitting and dining rooms are magnificent. Tons of wood and stone, bottomless sofas, and fireplaces from the only man in the Savoie who knows how to make a chimney draw properly.
Chalet des Pistes has a single sitting-dining room with wide-screen TV (FreeSat), DVDs and WiFi. It has three bedrooms, three bathrooms and six contented customers.
- One chalet girl who lives out
- FreeSat TV, DVD and WiFi
- Return charter flights from Gatwick to Grenoble including ski carriage
- Passenger Taxes and Government Air Travel Duty
- Return coach transfers between the airport and Val d’Isère
- Food and Wine – breakfast every day and afternoon tea and dinner on six nights of the week.
- Unlimited wine with the evening meal until complimentary coffee is served
- Bed linen
- Towels (changed mid-week)
- Lovely bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms throughout
- Spacious sitting-dining room with log fire
- Ski room with individual locker and boot dryers per bedroom
LOCATION & ACCESS
- Ski-in ski-out location right on Val d’Isère’s World Cup slopes
- Funival, La Daille bubble and Etroits chairlift just below chalet