VAL D’ISÈRE, FRANCE
- SLEEPS 8 IN 4 DOUBLE BEDROOMS
- 3,760 TO 13,200 GBP PER WEEK
Chalet Charlotte is marvellously located on the edge of the old village, about 100m from the corner of the nursery slopes. Situated as it is on some of the most hallowed ground in the skiing world, Charlotte is not our roomiest chalet, but it is a lot more spacious than it ever has been, because last year the top half of the building was re-built. The two upper-floor bedrooms have doubled in size and gained big french windows and balconies with views of Bellevarde. These rooms also have the option of good-sized single beds or six-foot doubles.
As an extra touch, each bedside in bedroom 1 and 2 has its own USB port. As well as the extra space, the chalet gained an extra bathroom upstairs, so there are now three showers, one bath and three loos for its four bedrooms. Each of the top two bedrooms has its own shower and loo, while the lower floor is unchanged: two good bedrooms, a bathroom containing both bath and shower, and a separate wc.
Next to those is the sitting-dining room. With its open-plan kitchen and log fire it is definitely on the cosy side – a little too cosy to share with strangers, so we seldom recommend it to guests who don’t already know each other – but for eight friends, four couples or a famiy or two, it is perfect.
- Two chalet staff who live out
- Return charter flights from Gatwick to Grenoble including ski carriage
- Passenger Taxes and Government Air Travel Duty
- Return coach transfers between the airport and Val d’Isère
- Food and Wine – breakfast every day and afternoon tea and dinner on six nights of the week.
- Unlimited wine with the evening meal until complimentary coffee is served
- Bed linen
- Towels (changed mid-week)
- Sweet, surprisingly roomy chalet in a fantastic location
- Top floor re-built and extended, so two large upstairs bedrooms now each have shower & wc
- (NB very steep staircase up to these rooms)
- Excellent living room with log fire and balcony
- USB ports above the beds in bedrooms 1 and 2
- Good ratio of baths, showers and wcs
LOCATION & ACCESS
- On edge of old village and nursery slopes of Val d’Isère
- On edge of old village, four minutes from lifts, and thirty seconds from slopes
- Bus stops to other major lifts nearby