VAL D’ISÈRE, FRANCE
- SLEEPS 4-5 IN 2 DOUBLE BEDROOMS
- 1,800 TO 7,950 GBP PER WEEK
This sweet chalet nestles within the sturdy stone walls of one of Val d’Isère’s oldest buildings, a 1620s farmhouse. La Croix is on the ground floor. Next door are our chalets Le Vieux Crét and La Maison du Rocher.
It is situated in that little enclave of stone chalets on the left as you reach Val d’Isère proper from La Daille. Sitting above the main road, La Croix is totally insulated from the sound of passing traffic or people, yet it’s close to the bus and just one stop from the funicular or three from the village centre. Walking into ‘town’ would take about 10 minutes.
However, walking and bus journeys need not concern you because not only does La Croix share its driveway, front garden and some very thick stone walls with its neighbours, it also shares our super-convenient Land Rover service.
La Croix is ideal for two couples or a family of four or five. It has a double and a twin bedroom, a bathroom and a separate wc. The twin room has an extra half-price fold-down bed for a third child (or 85% if transport is required – see opposite), and the living room has a big stone fireplace and plenty of space.
- One chalet girl who lives out
- Return charter flights from Gatwick to Grenoble including ski carriage
- Passenger Taxes and Government Air Travel Duty
- Return coach transfers between the airport and Val d’Isère
- Food and Wine – breakfast every day and afternoon tea and dinner on six nights of the week.
- Unlimited wine with the evening meal until complimentary coffee is served
- Bed linen
- Towels (changed mid-week)
- Part of a beautifully refurbished 1620s farmhouse
- A cosy chalet with tons of character
- Two pretty bedrooms, one of which has an extra fold-down bed suiltable for a child
- Bathroom and separate wc
- Charming sitting-dining room with log fire
- Lots of space for four or five people
LOCATION & ACCESS
- Land Rover shuttle to and from the lifts
- Silent sunny position just ten minutes’ walk to the centre of Val d’Isère and one stop on the bus to the Funival lift