VAL D’ISÈRE, FRANCE
- SLEEPS 12 IN 6 BEDROOMS
- 6,480 TO 21,840 GBP PER WEEK
Grande Sassière has the most amazing sitting-dining room in Val d’Isère. The room itself is large and lovely with acres of parquet and panelling, and massive roof beams, and the views from it are simply extraordinary. The south wall is solid glass, and the only view as spectacular as the moon on the mountains at dinner is the sun on Solaise at breakfast.
Have another look at the breakfast scene in our photos. That’s exactly how it looks. There has been no computer jiggery-pokery. The table may look as if it’s out on the balcony but it certainly isn’t – our guests don’t eat breakfast at -15º.
There are six excellent bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. Four have the same view south, one looks west, and one has to make do with small windows looking up a mere square mile or so of mountain.
Then there’s the seven-person hot tub on the large first-floor terrace to the side of the chalet. It’s the real McCoy – massaging jets, underwater lighting, waterfall! More importantly, it has 24/7 filtering, and ozone purification as well as the usual chemical disinfection, so its water is as pure as a mountain spring. There are Crocs and fluffy white robes to help you get from your bedroom to the hot tub. The only thing more fun than sitting with a few friends in warm bubbles while drinking in the view of a quintillion stars and a glass of wine might be doing it as snow falls…
Obviously, the views wouldn’t be such a feature if the chalet were down on the main street. Grande Sassière is four minutes’ walk up a private road from the valley floor, another minute from the bus stop, twelve in all from the centre. This is where Larry, our discreet bright yellow Land Rover, comes in. Between 8.30 and 10am, and 3.30 and 8pm, it runs guests from Grande Sassière (and some other YSE chalets) to or from any point they wish in Val d’Isère. Making Grande Sassière literally a mere ten paces from the lifts!
- A chef and an assistant who live out
- Return charter flights from Gatwick to Grenoble including ski carriage
- Passenger Taxes and Government Air Travel Duty
- Return coach transfers between the airport and Val d’Isère
- Food and Wine – breakfast every day and afternoon tea and dinner on six nights of the week.
- Unlimited wine with the evening meal until complimentary coffee is served
- Bed linen
- Towels (changed mid-week)
- Huge, sunny sitting-dining room with log fire, vast balcony, TV, DVD and the best views in Val d’Isère
- En-suite facilities throughout, most rooms with spectacular views
- Safes in each bedroom
- Boot warmer and hot tub
LOCATION & ACCESS
- Silent position, four minutes’ walk from bus, ten from centre, but not two seconds from private morning and afternoon Land Rover shuttle