VAL D’ISÈRE, FRANCE
- SLEEPS 6 IN 3 ENSUITE BEDROOMS
- 4,140 TO 13,440 GBP PER WEEK
It is in that imposing new building above the Fondue Factory (formerly the Perdrix Blanche – hence the name), completed just before Christmas.
The developer is Michel Covarel, the most dynamic architect in the French Alps, whose work features in every glossy magazine from Maisons & Bois to Luxury London, and who is the main reason why Val d’Isère has gone from just being known for the world’s best skiing to being equally famous for some of the world’s most luxurious chalets. We have taken the whole third floor of his latest project, apparently the most expensive real estate ever marketed in Val d’Isère, and Chalet Perdrix is splendid: tons of old wood and local stone, underfloor heated wood floors and massive sliding glass doors to the balcony with a stunning panorama across the rooftops of the village to the Solaise, Sana, Charvet and Bellevarde mountains, and beyond…
In the middle of the main street, literally on top of the Killy family’s very fashionable above-mentioned Fondue Factory, just yards from everything of interest in Val d’Isère and a four-minute walk to the lifts and slopes. If there’s a better location, we’d love to know where!
The three bedrooms are gorgeous, with superb bathrooms (one bath, two showers) and a sauna. They all face south, and enjoy the same breathtaking view as the sitting-dining room, which is Perdrix’s real pièce de résistance, with its circular dining table, its log fire and its huge sliding windows onto a wide balcony and wider views. For three couples, six friends or one seriously spoilt family, Chalet Perdrix is as close as we’re going to get to heaven...
- TV with Neflix and YouTube access
- Return charter flights from Gatwick to Grenoble including ski carriage
- Passenger Taxes and Government Air Travel Duty
- Return coach transfers between the airport and Val d’Isère
- Food and Wine – breakfast every day and afternoon tea and dinner on six nights of the week.
- Unlimited wine with the evening meal until complimentary coffee is served
- Bed linen
- Towels (changed mid-week)
- Val d’Isère’s newest and best-located chalet for 6
- On the third floor of very smart new résidence designed by architect Michel Covarel
- Spacious sitting-dining room with log fire
- Spectacular views south, east and west from vast balcony
- Three bedrooms all with en-suite facilities and south-facing windows
LOCATION & ACCESS
- Located in the centre of Val d’Isère above the famous former Perdrix Blanche restaurant