VAL D’ISÈRE, FRANCE
- SLEEPS 7-8 IN 4 ENSUITE BEDROOMS
- 5,250 TO 17,920 GBP PER WEEK
The most sumptuous four-bedroom, four bathroom chalet in Val d’Isère, in the most perfect location, Chalet Pic Noir (the black woodpecker) will satisfy even the most discerning of skiers and non-skiers.
Pic Noir, Perdrix and Ptarmigan are adjacent apartments occupying the whole third floor of the brand-new Résidence du Savoie in the village centre. The architect is Michel Covarel, who has pretty much single-handedly transformed Val d’Isère into the elegant resort it has become. Pic Noir is quite amazing – more like something from House & Garden than a ski chalet. Its kitchen alone is as big as some apartments!
The sitting-dining room is spectacular. Full of granite and old timber, with good lighting, modern sofas, a roaring log fire and a massive balcony. It offers the most amazing views from La Daille to Solaise, from the main street to the Face de Charvet. Designerish people will enjoy all of the little colour-coordinated touches; their husbands will love the sliding glass around the fireplace, which means one never needs a fireguard, yet it lights like a blast furnace, then glows through the gloaming.
The four bedrooms are beautifully fitted and finished, all with the option of two good-sized single beds or a huge double. The bathrooms (one bath, three showers) are sumptuous, with showers you can drown in. Bedroom four is a perfect twin or double but without an outside window. We offer this as a single room, with no supplement! Most people would probably forego a view in order to have their own room. And if you do want to bring someone else, they pay just half price. The shower off bedroom four opens into the sauna.
And can the position really be described as ‘the most perfect location’? Well, if you remember the old Perdrix Blanche restaurant, or the new Fondue Factory, Chalet Pic Noir is literally on top of them. Smack in the middle of the main street, a few paces from all of the shops, restaurants, bars, pharmacies, physios and anything else one may want after a day on the world’s best slopes, which are just a four-minute walk away.
- TV with YouTube and Netflix access
- Bring an eighth person half price when one party books the chalet
- Return charter flights from Gatwick to Grenoble including ski carriage
- Passenger Taxes and Government Air Travel Duty
- Return coach transfers between the airport and Val d’Isère
- Food and Wine – breakfast every day and afternoon tea and dinner on six nights of the week.
- Unlimited wine with the evening meal until complimentary coffee is served
- Bed linen
- Towels (changed mid-week)
- Val d’Isère’s newest and best-located chalet
- On the third floor of very smart new résidence designed by architect Michel Covarel
- Spacious sitting-dining room with log fire
- Spectacular views south, east and west from vast balcony
- All bedrooms have en-suite facilities
- Three twin/doubles and one single with no supplement to pay
LOCATIN & ACCESS
- Located in the centre of Val d’Isère above the famous former Perdrix Blanche restaurant