VAL D’ISÈRE, FRANCE
- SLEEPS 7-8 IN 4 ENSUITE BEDROOMS
- 4,830 TO 17,920 GBP PER WEEK
Ptarmigan has four bedrooms and four bathrooms (one with bath and shower, three with showers), and a sauna. The architect of this building is internationally renowned Michel Covarel, and true to form Chalet Ptarmigan is beautifully finished and fitted with lots of old wood and granite, but also every conceivable mod con.
Ptarmigan has been built around its spacious sitting-dining room, with a log fire and huge sliding windows onto a huge balcony. It faces south, and the views of the mountains across the roofs of the village are quite fantastic, as shown in our photos above. If you are bewildered by the picture of the dinner table, which seems to be in the middle of a château, with the cook working a few halls away, it is because the table is surrounded by mirrors, and the chalet girl was just behind the camera.
The bedrooms are gorgeous, with parquet floors and lots of cupboards, good lighting and lovely bathrooms. All can have two good-sized single beds or one six-foot double. Three of the bedrooms have windows affording views across the silent snow and trees of a garden, some rather attractive buildings, and the Dôme and Signal mountains. The fourth has no window. Most people never open the window in the Alps in mid-winter, so the French can’t quite understand our obsession with having one. We, however, appreciate that a window is essential: if you can’t see the weather from your bed, what will you talk about while shaving? So we have decided to sell this room as a single room with no supplement. One member of the party gets his own twin or double room (the beds can be used either way) without paying more. And should he or she wish to invite a friend, the second person would only pay half price.
The location of Chalet Ptarmigan could scarcely be better. In the middle of the main street, a four-minute walk to the lifts and slopes, a few paces from all of the action, yet high enough above it all never to be disturbed.
- TV with Netflix and YouTube access
- Bring an eighth person half price when one party books the whole chalet
- Return charter flights from Gatwick to Grenoble including ski carriage
- Passenger Taxes and Government Air Travel Duty
- Return coach transfers between the airport and Val d’Isère
- Food and Wine – breakfast every day and afternoon tea and dinner on six nights of the week.
- Unlimited wine with the evening meal until complimentary coffee is served
- Bed linen
- Towels (changed mid-week)
- Val d’Isère’s newest and best-located chalet
- On the third floor of very smart new résidence designed by architect Michel Covarel
- Spacious sitting-dining room with log fire
- Spectacular views south, east and west from vast balcony
- All bedrooms have en-suite facilities
- Three twin/doubles and one single with no supplement to pay
LOCATION & ACCESS
- Located in the centre of Val d’Isère above the famous former Perdrix Blanche restaurant