VAL D’ISÈRE, FRANCE
- SLEEPS 10-14 IN 5 BEDROOMS
- 5,100 TO 23,800 GBP PER WEEK
Thomily is quite unique. How many chalets have their front door at the top, their bedrooms below their sitting room, and a dining room practically on a ski run?
The top-floor sitting room is roomy and high, with huge windows and a wrap-around balcony giving wrap-around views of Bellevarde and the Charvet. When the sun goes down, there are DVDs, WiFi and a log fire.
On the next level down are the five excellent bedrooms with their rather opulent marble bathrooms. Three bedrooms have balconies with the views, while two have extra beds for up to four half-price children, or a maximum of two extra adults, all subject to flight seats.
The lowest floor is where the amazing dining room is. If you are the keen sort who’s on the first and last lifts, you’ll miss the slightly surreal experience of waving your toast at skiers just a few feet away.
Next to the dining room are the kitchen, where one of our top chefs will be getting hot and stressed, and a sauna, for you to get hot and de-stressed.
If you’re coming to Val d’Isère for the nightlife, art galleries or church, we do have chalets in more convenient locations. The main village is twelve minutes’ walk across the nursery slopes or fifteen by road, though there’s a free and frequent bus service for anyone too skied-out to walk.
But if you’re coming for the skiing, look no further: Thomily is very well situated. Confident skiers collect their skis and boots from the ski locker and boot warmer on the top floor and ski down the steep little hillside past the dining room, hoping not to cause amusement to anyone still at breakfast. The rest of us just walk the hundred metres or so to the M, hence we zoom down to the village centre, nursery slopes and main lifts. At the end of the day, most guests ski back across the M from the Rogoney chair. It is the last lift to close. Guests at Thomily certainly get their money’s worth from their lift pass…
- A chef and an assistant, who live in
- Return charter flights from Gatwick to Grenoble including ski carriage
- Passenger Taxes and Government Air Travel Duty
- Return coach transfers between the airport and Val d’Isère
- Food and Wine – breakfast every day and afternoon tea and dinner on six nights of the week.
- Unlimited wine with the evening meal until complimentary coffee is served
- Bed linen
- Towels (changed mid-week)
- Sumptuous ski chalet on Val d’Isère’s pistes
- Super bedrooms with en-suite facilities throughout
- Piste-side dining room, top-floor sitting room
- Balconies, views, sauna, boot warmers and TV for DVDs
LOCATION & ACCESS
- Village centre twelve minutes’ brisk walk
- Resort minibus service from Rond Point to chalet